GoodDay Hokkaido

  1. HOME
  2. Plan Your Trip
  3. Access
  4. Getting Around
  5. Rent a Car

Your Trip
Rent a Car

Driver's License

If you have the following documents, you may drive a car for up to one year from the date of entry into Japan; international driving permit issued by a country that is a party to the Convention on Road Traffic (Geneva Convention) and a passport, or a foreign driver's license issued in Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium or Taiwan, a passport, and a certified Japanese translation issued by the Japan Automobile Federation (JAF), or by the embassy or consulate of your country in Japan. *You are not allowed to drive a car in Japan if you only have an international driving permit obtained in accordance with the Paris Convention of 1926, the Washington Convention of 1943, or the Vienna Convention of 1968, since they were issued based on different practices.


Rent a Car Agents

> Find information regarding driving courses etc. see "Self Driving".