Terms and Conditions
By using this site, visitors agree to the terms and conditions set out below.
- Regarding the Copyright
- The rights to the text, images, and other files as well as contents found on the Hokkaido official tourism website, “GoodDay Hokkaido” (below, “this site”), belong to Hokkaido Tourism Organization, and are subject to copyright, trademark, and intellectual property rights. In addition, part of the copyright of the images belongs to their original creators.
- Use or reproduction of this site’s text or images without notification is prohibited.
- Content of the Site
- While we aim to keep the content of the site as up to date as possible, we do not guarantee the accuracy or currency of this content.
- The content of the site is subject to change at any time.
- If you feel that any of the content posted to the site is in any way offensive or unsuitable, please contact us through the “About Us” tab.
- Use of the Site
- Users of this site agree not to disrupt or interfere with the site or other software connected to the site.
- Users must not reproduce any content from this site without express permission from Hokkaido Tourism Organization.
- Users must not use or disseminate personal data or private information about other users of the site.
- About the Link
The link to the home page of this site (http://en.visit-hokkaido.jp/) is by general rule free. If you paste this link somewhere, please send the following to Hokkaido Tourism Organization by email:
- The URL to the site with the link
- The contents of the planned link setting
- The name of the group, as well as the name of the representative
- The email address of the person in charge
- When setting up the link, please make it clear that it is a link to this site. In addition, please do not set the link to show this website inside of a frame. (※The screen must either change completely to this site, or the link must open a new browser window leading to this site.)
- Furthermore, if it does not meet the purpose of this site, or if it might damage the reputation of Hokkaido Tourism Organization or members of the organization, or if it is offensive to public order and morals, or if it interferes with the running of this site, the use of the link can be refused.
- If the link is used, please use the banner below.
- Hokkaido Tourism Organization takes precautions regarding the various kinds of information that it posts on this website, but it cannot completely assure the completeness, accuracy, up-to-dateness, usefulness, safety, or quality of the content. In addition, Hokkaido Tourism Organization does not take responsibility for any incidents resulting from the behavior taken by the user of this information.
- All of the information posted to this site is in the end information from the time it was posted, and there might be times when names and the content of that information are changed without previous notification, or when the information becomes outdated.
- The address of this site, including that of the top site, can be changed without previous notification. Please know beforehand that Hokkaido Tourism Organization does not take responsibility for inoperative links or inaccurate screen presentation due to an address change by this site.
- Hokkaido Tourism Organization disclaims and excludes any liability for any claim, loss, demand, or damages that arise in connection with use of this site.
- Continuity of Service
- Hokkaido Tourism Organization makes no warranty regarding continuity of service. It reserves the right to suspend or terminate services of the site at any time and without notice.
- Extent of the Customer’s Responsibility
- Please keep your username and password safe.
- Please do not use the “Send Mail to a Friend” function in your travel planner to send spam or junk mail.
- Please do not use the travel planner service for sales or commercial purposes.
- Other Websites
- In order to provide a safer and more comfortable experience on this site, the following browsers or plug-ins are necessary. Please check your software compatibility and download the software.
Recommended OS or Browsers:We have not reviewed the entirety of the above software and are not responsible for its contents. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any claims arising from use of this software.
- Internet Explorer 11.0 or higher
- If for any reason you wish to make a complaint about the content of the site or treatment of your data, please contact us immediately.
- Revisions to these Terms
- Scope of applicability
- This Summary and Full Policy applies to you if you are a user of our Site.
- Processing of your Personal Data (categories of Personal Data)
- We process the following of your Personal Data collected during your use of our Site: contact details, technical data, user-behavior information, and user-generated information. For more details see 1. of the Full Policy.
- Processing purposes
- We process your Personal Data for the following purposes: (i) providing users with publications or services they have requested; (ii) marketing communications; and (iii) handling complaints. For more details see 2. of the Full Policy.
- Legal justifications for the processing of your Personal Data
- One of the key privacy law requirements is that any processing of Personal Data must have a legal justification. We generally use the following legal justifications: (1) You have given your consent to the processing (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR; “Consent Justification”), (2) the processing is necessary for (a) compliance with a legal obligation (Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR; “Legal Obligation Justification”) and (b) realizing a legitimate interest (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR; “Legitimate Interest Justification”). For more details and the matching of purposes and corresponding legal justifications see 3. of the Full Policy.
- Data transfers and recipients and legal justification for such transfers
- We transfer your Personal Data to our service providers, and, in accordance with applicable law, other governmental authorities, courts, external advisors, and similar third parties, some of the aforementioned recipients located in jurisdictions outside the EU. For more details see 4. of the Full Policy.
- Retention periods for and deletion of your Personal Data
- Your Personal Data will be deleted once it is no longer needed for the purposes motivating their original collection or as required by applicable law. For more details see 5. of the Full Policy.
- Your statutory rights
- You have a number of rights with regard to the processing of your Personal Data per the conditions defined in applicable law, such as the right to have access to your Personal Data, to have them corrected, erased or handed over. Please refer any of your questions to:
Hokkaido Tourism Organization
1F, Ryokuen Bldg, N3W7-1 Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0003 Japan
For more details see 6. of the Full Policy.
- Changes of this Summary and Full Policy as well as further notices
- This Summary and Full Policy are subject to change. You will be notified adequately of any such changes. Further, you will be notified adequately of any further relevant privacy notices (e.g. for specific purposes) in case such is not covered by this Summary and Full Policy.
- How to contact Us
- If you wish to exercise your Persona Data subject rights or if you have any other questions concerning this Summary and Full Policy, please address your request to us at the following addresses:
Our contact information
Company name: Hokkaido Tourism Organization
Address: 1F, Ryokuen Bldg, N3W7-1, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido
We are delighted about your interest in our Site. Your privacy is important to us. Hereafter we provide you with detailed information on dealing with your personal data on this Site.
This Full Policy applies to information you provide to us or that we collect automatically when you access, use, or register with our Site. For information regarding how we collect and use information when you visit or use our websites, including web-based pages accessible through our Site.
Categories of Personal Data
We process the following Personal Data about you (hereinafter jointly “Your Data”):
- your name, address, email address, gender, company name, country, and demographic information (hereinafter jointly “Account Data”)
- your IP address, cookies, electronic images and geographic location (hereinafter jointly “Technical Data”);
- your search patterns and how you use our services (hereinafter jointly “User-behavior Data”); and
- your user-generated information that is voluntarily registered or published on our Site (hereinafter jointly “User-generated Data”).
We process Your Data to the extent permitted or required under applicable law, for the following purposes:
- to provide users with publications or services they have requested, and to contact users concerning their queries (“Performance Purposes”);
- to have marketing communications[, and to analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Site for optimizing said marketing communications] (“Marketing Purposes”); and
- to handle complaints, security, and fraud prevention (hereinafter jointly “Emergency Purposes”)
Legal justification for the processing of Your Data
Generally, the processing of Your Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide Your Data, your user experience of the Site may be different, or the use may be impossible.
Furthermore, we rely on the following legal justifications for the processing of Your Data:
Processing purposes Categories of Your Data involved Legal basis Performance Purposes Account Data Consent Justification Marketing Purposes Account Data
Consent Justification Emergency Purposes Account Data Legitimate Interest Justification. Our legitimate interest is to detect and prevent any possible fraud.
Data transfers and recipients and legal justification for such transfers
4.1 We share your Personal Data with the following our affiliates or third parties in order to ensure the efficient business operation:
- Google Inc. (USA): Data Analysis with Google Analytics Services
- SAKURA internet Inc. (Japan): Hosting service provider
- Ptmind Inc (Japan): Data Analysis with Ptengine
- Service Providers (Japan): Third party service providers as part of our normal business operations in connection with operating our Site and with other technical and organizational services (https://www.sakura.ad.jp/)
4.2 In case where we transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA, we ensure the appropriate legal framework by the establishment of the Standard Contractual Clauses as defined by the European Commission decisions 2004/915/EC (“SCC Controller – Controller”) and 2010/87/EU (“SCC Controller – Processor”) pursuant to Article 46(2)(c) of the GDPR. You may obtain a non-confidential copy of the mentioned safeguards of transfers we carry out by contacting us at the contact details provided below. We transfer personal data to Google Inc. (USA), SAKURA internet Inc. (Japan), and Ptmind Inc (Japan).
4.3 It may be necessary for us to disclose your personal data to public authorities or courts in the context of investigations or legal proceedings, where we are obliged to do so by instructions of the public authorities or the courts. We may also disclose your personal data if we determine in good faith that the disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies.
Retention periods for and deletion of Your Data
5.1 Your Data processed for the purposes hereunder will be stored only to the extent necessary. If a judicial action is initiated, Your Data may be stored until the end of such action, including any potential periods for appeal, and will then be deleted or archived as permitted by applicable law.
5.2 In principle, we will retain Your Data only as long as required or permitted by applicable law. Afterwards, we will remove Your Data from our systems and records and/or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it.
Your statutory rights
Under the conditions set out under applicable law (i.e., the GDPR), you have the following rights:
6.1 Right of access: You have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to said Personal Data. The access information includes – inter alia – the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the Personal Data have been or will be disclosed.
You have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data undergoing processing. For additional copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
6.2 Right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
6.3 Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data.
6.4 Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the restriction of processing your Personal Data. In this case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
6.5 Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit said Personal Data to another entity without hindrance from us.
6.6 Right to withdraw your consent: If you have given your consent regarding certain types of processing activities, you can withdraw this consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal.
6.7 Right to object:
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Data by Us and We can be required to no longer process your Personal Data. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your Personal Data will no longer be processed for such purposes by Us. Exercising this right will not incur any costs. Such a right to object may not exist if the processing of your Personal Data is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
Please note that the aforementioned rights might be limited under applicable national data protection law. We remain the universal point of contact for your execution of these rights.
Please refer any of your questions to Hokkaido Tourism Organization.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority in the member state of your habitual residence or in the member state wherein the alleged infringement of the GDPR took place.
Summary and Full Policy last updated: November 30, 2020